Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Gumbi Dances Across Waimea for My Brother's Birthday


Happy Birthday, Bryan! Since everyone saw the pictures of his wedding, I thought it might be acceptable to do a public announcement, especially since it is a big one for him. So happy 30th birthday! I hope the next year is a good one.

For those of you who are not my brother, the town of Waimea is one of the last towns on Kauai's western shore. It does not generally feature a giant stuffed Gumbi doll. In fact, it's known for being more like "old Kauai," in that it hasn't become touristy or developed yet. In general the south and west shores are quieter than the north and east. Someone told me that there are only four patrol cars for the south and west shores combined. This makes driving a bit like playing poker, with patrol cars as aces. As I drive I count them, so I know how many are still out there in front of me. I should note that this is practically wishful thinking on my part; my car is so old that I'm usually the one pulling over to let the faster cars by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home