Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gumbi Presents Beautiful Kauai Scenery

I know everyone was wondering what happened to Gumbi, and here he is...my brother (or "brah" as they say here) handed him off to me before I left CO. He sits on the desk and makes me dream about my childhood.

I've been volunteering at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens and having a great time. I kind of stumbled into it through a Sierra Club hike last weekend. I'll take a ton of pictures and relate more in the next few weeks. It's all pretty menial work, but they give the volunteers private tours of parts of the garden we might not see otherwise. It's really an amazing place. I think I'm going on Sunday to volunteer at a project involving a sink hole I definitely could not get in to see otherwise. It's all been a good balance to writing. Not a lot of thinking, just weeding and re-potting, and learning the names of plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home