Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Belated Map of Kauai

Should have gotten a map up here earlier...if I had access to a scanner, I would scan one up so you could all see where I'm living right now. Clicking through is second best, but will give you some idea of where I am on the island, and of the towns I talk about in this blog. If you look south, at highway 50, I'm in a town called Lawai, pretty much dead center. I'm in Koloa right now, which is a slightly larger town south of there. Koloa is an old sugar plantation town, and it has become my favorite town here. The beaches I go to are the Poipu beaches, which you can see south of there. (Hopefully pix of all of this very soon!) Yesterday I was at Shipwreck's Beach, a beach Delpha, the woman who built the shack, told me about. I'm still reading Isabella Bird, now Six Months in the Sandwich Islands, and finally got to the Kauai section of her trip. Was thrilled as I was reading it to realize she would have docked somewhere near where I was sitting...she landed at Koloa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home