Saturday, August 20, 2005

Visitor to Hawaii

Week before last I had a guest here (I'm always so behind in getting the pics up)...this was taken at Spouting Horn, which is a place where the ocean water spews up through holes formed by gas as it escaped out of the cooling lava. The lei is made from ti leaves and some kind of purple flower (forget which now--the ti leaves were the intriguing part to me). He was very sweet about wearing it two nights in a row...The teenage guy whose opinion I'd asked on which lei to buy (he was the only guy in the store) implied that guys don't like to wear flowers, but the owner of the shop told me that the men she'd given leis to loved getting flowers, and that they generally were really happy to wear them. Either the owner was right, or Steve was being very sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home