Monday, June 06, 2005

Mowing the Lawn

Today's adventure was closer to home. Had to mow the lawn, which I hadn't done for probably 15 years. While pushing the mower around my brother's very thick lawn, I remembered being upset as a kid about the gender roles in our home, that I had to learn to cook and clean and my brother "got" to do yard work and use cool-looking machinery. I was about to pitch a fit about it one day when my mother took me aside, and said, essentially, "Look, sexism is working in your favor here. I know it looks fun, but trust me, you really don't want to have to mow the lawn. Let your brother get stuck with it." My work this morning only confirmed the wisdom of my mother's words. Mowing the lawn is damn hard work! (Though there's nothing too fun about scrubbing a toilet either.)




My FotoPage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home